Quality and tradition since 1928
Auson AB is a company of distinguished heritage that is currently run by the third generation of the Udesen family. It all started in 1928 when Arthur Udesen came to Gothenburg from Denmark and began trading in oils.
Initially, the business was run under simple conditions in the part of central Gothenburg known as Gårda. Gradually, Arthur’s children, Leif and Lis, joined the management team. Leif trained to be a chemist, took over the position of CEO and developed the business together with his sister.
During the 1940s and 1950s, production began to focus more and more on rust protection and asphalt products. The factory was extended, new products were developed and, in 1963, the company became established as a supplier for Sweden’s leading car manufacturer.
Production expanded and new premises were needed. The entire business relocated to the old Tölö factories in Kungsbacka. The head office, however, remained all the while in Gothenburg.
In 1985, it was time to move yet again, and the current factory at Inlags industrial estate in southern Kungsbacka was purchased. The head office has also moved from Gothenburg and, as a result, the entire business is now concentrated in Kungsbacka.
Today, we, as a company, our customers and the community have placed strict environmental requirements on all of our activities. The emissions from our production have been reduced to approximately half of the permitted limit value.
Auson’s business system complies with the requirements of SS-EN ISO 9001 and SS-EN ISO 14001, including AFS 2001:1 Systematic Work Environment Management.